Denna delen av 99 uppdateras inte längre utan har arkiverats inför framtiden som ett museum.
Här kan du läsa mer om varför.
Mac-nyheter hittar du på Macradion.com och forumet hittar du via Applebubblan.

Apple beta programme questions

Tråden skapades och har fått 1 svar. Det senaste inlägget skrevs .

Hi,

I am interested in joining the public apple beta programme and got some questions.

First, I have a iPhone (7), Apple Watch (S2) and a number of Apple TVs (3 & 4) and a pair of Airpods.

To my questions:
1. Is it really needed to do a backup in iTunes or is it enough to do it over Internet to iCloud?
2. Say that I do a "proper" iOS 11 backup to iTunes - with 100 pictures synced to iCloud from my camera. Then installs the iOS 12 beta for the iPhone (when it arrives) - with the iOS 12 beta, takes 15 more pictures synces them to iCloud. What happens if I later backs out of beta programme and re-installes the backup from iTunes (with the 100 pictures) and fires up the phone with my "old" iOS 11 installation. Will the 15 pictures from the iOS 12 beta sync to the iOS 11 installation?
3. I cannot find any WatchOS 5 beta information? Is the beta programme only for iPhone, Mac and TV?
4. If I install iOS 12 beta on my iPhone, will there be any fundamental parts not working between the Apple Watch (with current WatchOS 4) and iPhone? General not compatible OS versions...?
5. Is opting in to the beta programme forcing me to install the beta on both the iPhone or Apple TV or can I for example only install the beta on the iPhone?
6. Is it possible to install iOS 12 beta 1 and skip iOS beta 2 and 3 and then install iOS 12 beta 4? Or do I need to take them in sequence?

It's ok to answer in Swedish if you want?

Looking forward to your help in clarifying this.

Br Jonas

Svar insprängt med fet stil

Ursprungligen av jonashedstrom:

Hi,

I am interested in joining the public apple beta programme and got some questions.

First, I have a iPhone (7), Apple Watch (S2) and a number of Apple TVs (3 & 4) and a pair of Airpods.

To my questions:
1. Is it really needed to do a backup in iTunes or is it enough to do it over Internet to iCloud?
Det räcker med att ta en iCloud backup. Det är länge sedan som jag slutade med iTunes backuper. Däremot så finns en stor fördel med att ta en iTunes backup av ditt gamla system och spara den. Om du vill backa så behöver du en backup gjord på den gamla OS-versionen. Du kan inte återställa telefonen med en backup från en nyare (beta) version
2. Say that I do a "proper" iOS 11 backup to iTunes - with 100 pictures synced to iCloud from my camera. Then installs the iOS 12 beta for the iPhone (when it arrives) - with the iOS 12 beta, takes 15 more pictures synces them to iCloud. What happens if I later backs out of beta programme and re-installes the backup from iTunes (with the 100 pictures) and fires up the phone with my "old" iOS 11 installation. Will the 15 pictures from the iOS 12 beta sync to the iOS 11 installation?
Ja. De kommer att synka. Bilderna i iCloud är inte beroende på vilken OS-version som du laddade upp dem med. Bilderna ingår egentligen inte i backupen utan synkas alltid från icloud
3. I cannot find any WatchOS 5 beta information? Is the beta programme only for iPhone, Mac and TV?
Finns inget public beta för WatchOS. Lite raljant skrivet, om du måste fråga så ska du undvika WatchOS developer beta. Du tar bara onödiga risker
4. If I install iOS 12 beta on my iPhone, will there be any fundamental parts not working between the Apple Watch (with current WatchOS 4) and iPhone? General not compatible OS versions...?
Nej, inte så vitt som jag vet.
5. Is opting in to the beta programme forcing me to install the beta on both the iPhone or Apple TV or can I for example only install the beta on the iPhone?
Du kan själv välja vilka enheter som du installera beta på
6. Is it possible to install iOS 12 beta 1 and skip iOS beta 2 and 3 and then install iOS 12 beta 4? Or do I need to take them in sequence?
Det är OverTheAir (OTA) installationer och du ska kunna skippa versioner men jag skippar aldrig. Finns ingen större anledning eftersom du så gott som alltid får bättre funktionalitet med en beta
It's ok to answer in Swedish if you want?
Japp

Looking forward to your help in clarifying this.

Br Jonas

Bevaka tråden