Denna delen av 99 uppdateras inte längre utan har arkiverats inför framtiden som ett museum.
Här kan du läsa mer om varför.
Mac-nyheter hittar du på Macradion.com och forumet hittar du via Applebubblan.

Siracusa om iPhone, det nya gränssnittet och varför en SDK kan dröja

Tråden skapades och har fått 1 svar. Det senaste inlägget skrevs .

John Siracusa på Ars Technica skriver om driften att vilja utveckla mjukvara för iPhone och hur gränssnittet är något helt nytt:

The iPhone is not just a new platform, it's an entirely new set of rules for interface design. That is what struck me the most once the actual iPhone demos started. There are no windows, no close/minimize/zoom widgets, no checkboxes, no radio buttons, no scroll bars, no nothing.

Siracusa menar att i och med att allt detta är så nytt så är det också nytt för Apple. Det är inte givet att allting som Apple valt att göra i iPhone är rätt från start:

Not only does Apple have to figure out what makes a good iPhone application, it has to actually create the APIs to produce such a thing. Okay, so no scroll bars, but surely there will be some standard way of scrolling, some standard gesture recognition engine, and so on. Apple has to create all this, if only for its own internal sanity, before it can really get cranking on iPhone application development.

And like the Mac GUI before it, there will be fits and starts, dead-ends, and bad ideas to shake out in the first few years.

[...]

Viewed in this context, the calls for third-party iPhone development, and Apple's reaction to them, start to make a bit more sense. It's the prototypical fanboy mistake to imagine that the mothership has infinite resources and skills, and any lack of satisfaction is malicious. The fact is, Apple could not provide a comprehensive third-party iPhone development environment on par with what Mac developers have come to expect by June 29th, even if it wanted to do such a thing—and there are many sound reasons not to. This stuff all needs time to cook.

Läs hela: The Frontier

Låter vettigt

Bevaka tråden